Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tim Russert's Spirt Still Inspires


The Newseum has a new exhibit taking the visitor inside the office of NBC's legendary moderator of Meet the Press, Tim Russert. Tim is a big time hero of mine, and I idolized his preparation ability and interviewing style. He made Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. a time I looked forward to each week.

On June 13, 2008, Russert passed away while preparing for that Sunday's edition of Meet the Press. It hasn't been quite the same since. David Gregory does a fine job, but it's just not Tim in that chair, and that's unfortunate.

Dying is part of living, and I was affected by Russert's death. He is one of the journalist inspirations that I'm sure led me to create this blog. I hope that in some small way that what I learned from watching Tim Russert all those years is alive and well on this blog. That his sense of fairness, his preparation, and his way of asking tough questions still lives on in a small way here. I hope that I, as a small-time blogger, live up to that high level example.

Here is an excellent presentation from the Newseum. I hope you enjoy. We still remember you, Tim.

No comments: